- 1/4 cup Organic Farmers Co. quinoa grain uncooked
- 225 grams bittersweet chocolate, chopped (60% to 65% dark, depending upon how intense of a chocolate flavor you prefer)
- Sea salt, for sprinkling
- Puffing the quinoa – Heat a wide skillet. Non stick pans work best to avoid burning the quinoa.
- Drop some quinoa into the pan to test the temperature. If the quinoa pops within a few seconds, then the pan is at the ideal temperature.
- Pour a couple of tablespoons of quinoa over the pan, add enough to form a single layer without overlapping. Once it starts popping lift the pan and shake the grains a little. Continue shaking until the popping sound stops. If a batch starts smelling burnt, discard it.
- The chocolate should be melted in a heatproof bowl inside a saucepan of simmering water. The same can also be melted in a microwave in 20 second intervals, make sure you stop and stir the chocolate between these intervals. Once you have a few prices of chocolate left un-melted, keep mixing until smooth and put in the puffed quinoa.
- For the shapes, Place the cookie cutter on a baking sheet lined with some parchment paper. Pour in the choco-quinoa mix then sprinkle some salt to taste, if required.
- Place the baking tray in the refrigerator for 30 minutes and let the mix cool down. Then remove the the chocolate from the cookie cutters gently and enjoy as you please.