- Rava/Semolina – 2 Cups
- Quinoa Whole grain – ½ cup
- Chopped Onions – 2-3 Large
- Chopped potato – 1 Medium
- Mustard Seeds – 1 Tbsp
- Curry leaves – 8-10
- Coriander leaves – as per need
- Salt – as per need
- Oil – 2 Tbsp
- Green peas – handful (optional)
- Dark Green chili slit – 4
- Water – 5 cups
- Urad Daal for aroma – 2Tsp (Optional)
- Quinoa Pops (Chili lime) – 2 Tbsp
- Dry roast rava and Quinoa on a low to medium heat until brown and crunchy.
- Remove and keep aside.
- Add oil to the same pan, add Urad dal, mustard and allow spluttering.
- Add onions, curry leaves and green chili.
- Once the onions change color, add chopped potato and Green peas.
- Once potatoes are cooked, pour water and add salt as needed.
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Add Rava along with Quinoa and stir continuously so no lumps are formed.
- Cover and cook on a low flame for about 2 minutes until the water evaporates.
- Remove lid. Add chopped coriander. Stir well.
- Allow to rest for a while.
- Serve hot. Sprinkle Quinoa pops (Chili Lime flavor) generously on the Rava to make it tastier.
Quinoa being a super food adds lot of Nutritional value to this healthy meal. Since popped quinoa with the flavors enhance the dish, it is equally liked by kids.
Recipe Credits: https://fashionablefoodz.com/authentic-upma-topped-with-quinoa-pops/