- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 5-6 curry leaves
- ½ cup roasted peanuts
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp mustard sauce
- 1/4th cup OFC whole grain quinoa
- 1/4th cup sabudana
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- Salt and lemon juice to taste
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme (or any other herb of your choice)
- Soak the sabudana overnight.
- Rinse the quinoa and use ½ cup of water to boil the quinoa for 15 mins.
- Check to see if the water has evaporated after 15 mins. Take the skillet off the stove, cover with a lid and let it fluff in its steam for 5 mins.
- Dry roast the mustard seeds and curry leaves in a skillet.
- Put in the ginger and carrots and sauté for 3 mins.
- Add the quinoa and sabudana along with thyme and mustard sauce and cook for 1 min.
- Add the peanuts, lemon juice, salt and your Upma is ready!