Recipe type: entree
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
A hearty vegetarian take on a taco lettuce wrap filled with beans, quinoa, and sweet corn.
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- Pinch of sea salt and black pepper, adjust to taste
- 1, 15 ounce can black beans
- 1 cup organic sweet corn (if frozen, then thaw)
- 1 cup thinly sliced bell peppers (if frozen, then thaw)
- ⅓ cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- Juice of 1 lime
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 head of Butter Leaf lettuce
- Garnish options: fresh cilantro, sliced jalapeno, diced tomato, avocado
- Cook quinoa to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, add coconut oil, sea salt, black pepper, onions, and garlic and cook for 8 minutes or until fragrant. Add in cooked quinoa, rinsed beans, corn, and peppers until warm. Stir in taco seasoning, juice of lime, and lemon. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Next, take one washed and dry butter leaf and dollop the quinoa mixture in the center, fill with optional garnishes and wrap edges of the butter leaf onto itself as a handheld wrap. Enjoy immediately.
- Store leftover filling in an airtight glass container and assemble upon serving.