For the crust
- 3/4 cup quinoa, covered by 1″ of water and soaked for 6 – 8 hours (or overnight)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded goat cheese
- Fresh herbs
- Red pepper flakes
- Soak the quinoa in water, covering it by at least 1″, for 6 – 8 hours.
- Once you’re ready to make the crust, preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a 9″ cake pan with parchment paper and drizzle one tablespoon of oil in the center. Spread around with your hands until evenly coated and set pan aside.
- Thoroughly rinse quinoa, then add to a blender. Add the ¼ cup of water, baking powder, salt and remaining olive oil, and blend on high until smooth and creamy. This should resemble a thick pancake batter.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 15 minutes. Remove, flip and return to oven baking for another 10 – 15 minutes until browned and edges are crispy.
- Top with sauce, cheese and any other toppings you’d like and bake for 12 – 15 minutes until cheese has melted and started to brown.
- Remove, let cool for a few minutes in the pan, transfer cutting board and slice.
- Garnish with herbs, pepper flakes, grated cheese, etc., and serve immediately!